Do you have a toddler who loves wheeling toy cars around and pretending to be a little race car driver? Why not create a car track out of recyclable materials that is totally free to make. Once they grow bored of it, you can stick it in the recycling bin.
This is more than just a fun toy for them that encourages their imagination, it is also great for developing fine motor skills as they learn to follow the roads and park cars in the spaces.
What you will need:
- Large sheet of cardboard (I cut open a pizza box)
- Marker pens or paints
- Small toy cars
- Cut your cardboard sheet to size.
- Draw your roads and parking spaces in pencil. Add any other details you would like to include. You can rub out and redraw it until you are happy. Feel free to use my design.
- Colour or paint over the top of your design to bring it to life.
- Play with your child and show them how to use their new car track.
Content belongs to Sensibly Frugal Living