I know that you may be sick of hearing about banana bread because there was a real fad for baking it during the lockdown, but I love making it and I always get asked for my recipe. In true Sensibly Frugal Living style, there is nothing complex or fancy about my recipe.
What you will need:
- 250g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115g butter
- 150g brown sugar (you can use any sugar you have)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together with the banana
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, but try not to over stir
- Pour it into a lined loaf tin
- Bake for 55-60 mins at 170.
Content belongs to Sensibly Frugal Living