This pie is as easy to make as it sounds. It’s a great no-meat option to keep costs low, but it still has beans and veggies! Even better, my 11 year old helped me make this, so if you have older children who are learning life skills in the kitchen, this is a great one to start with.
- 2 cans of baked beans in tomato sauce
- A cup of frozen veg (or fresh). I use mixed vegetables, but just peas will do.
- A dash of Worcester sauce (optional)
- Boil and mash your potatoes. At the same time, cook your veg until softened.
- Tip 2 cans of beans into a casserole dish/ tray and mix in the drained veg.
- Smooth on an even layer of your mashed potatoes and top with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200.
Content belongs to Sensibly Frugal Living
Find me on: