Don’t have time to bake, but still want the kids to have a little Halloween fun, or are you looking for a cheap Halloween treat idea for a buffet? Then, why not decorate some digestive biscuits. This is a craft activity you can let your kids loose with. You can make a whole batch with little effort, and we made a whole pack of decorated biscuits for just £3.31. If you already have icing or dye in the pantry, this craft will be even cheaper.
We thought these looked quite effective, and it was the perfect craft to allow the kids to express themselves without rigid guidelines.
What you need:
- A pack of digestive biscuits
- Icing sugar
- Black and orange food dye gel
- Make up 3 batches of icing . Keep one batch white, make one black, and the other orange.
- Coat the biscuits in a the white icing. We allowed this bit to dry a little before continuing with the decorating to prevent the icing from flooding over the edges.
- Dip a teaspoon in the black icing and using a back and forth action allow it to drip off the spoon and create a lined design.
- Repeat this with the orange icing.
- Voila! It really is that simple to create some halloween biscuits.
If you wanted a scary Halloween look, you could always add edible spooky eyes. Tesco.com have these available in the cake section for £1.50.
Content belongs to Sensibly Frugal Living